At the 2015 SWE Region H conference at University of Notre Dame, I presented a session titled "Your Brand and Social Media." The first part of the presentiation was about creating a personal brand. That was followed by an overview of some of the most popular social media/networking sites. Then I wraped it up with some best practices from the The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users by Guy Kawasaki and Peg Fitzpatrick.
The slides from my presentation are below.
Links from slides:
- Slide 2: The Brand Called You from PwC
- Slide 7:
- Fast Company article - The Brand Called You
- More from PwC - Your Personal Brand
- Story on Forbes - The Definitive Guide To Building Your Personal Brand
- WikiHow article - How to Build Your Personal Brand
- A blog from The Guardian - Brand you 2014: five personal branding tips for the year ahead
- Stanford Graduate School of Business video - Using Social Media to Develop a Personal Brand
- Women's Leadership Coaching video - How to Build Your Brand as an Emerging Leader
- Slide 12: The Professor Is In: Should You Mention Your Blog in Your Job Application? from The Chronicle Vitae
- Slide 13: Conference Season Is Here. Don’t Stink at Twitter. from The Chronicle Vitae
- Slide 15: Comparison of citation management services from Mendeley
(CC Illustration by Esther Gons.)