At WE14, Diane Peters and I shared tips for teaching STEM in a workshop on Saturday afternoon.
For your reference, the slides from the session are included below.
Also, here are links to resources presented during the session:
- "McKeachie's teaching tips" (Scinicki & McKeachie, 2011)
- "How learning works" (Ambrose et al., 2010)
- "What the best college teachers do" (Bain, 2004)
- Teaching professor blog & newsletter
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
- IEEE Education Society
- Active Learning, Center for Research on Learning and Teaching at the University of Michigan
- Syllabus design for dummies, Vitae
- The best teaching resources on the web, Vitae
- Online learning 101: learning objectives and mind map, Reda Sadki's blog
Thank you to everyone who attended the session. Please let us know if you have any questions.